Thursday, February 16, 2006

Epiphany

The last time Luis P (Tova's) colored my hair, I didn't get it cut. He did blow it dry afterwards and, with no seeming effort at all, my hair and it's new color looked fabulous. As I was resigning myself to the fact that my hair would only look good after I went to my stylists, Luis let me in on a secret. "It's in the hair dryer," he confidently told me. "Really?!?!" I didn't quite believe him.

But I did need a new one and put it on my wish list for Christmas. Santa, a.k.a. Joe my main squeeze, always gives me what I want and I had my new Elchim hair dryer for the new year. At first I didn't think it was all that. My hair was definitely drying faster, but otherwise, did not notice too much difference.

Well, these past couple weeks I have actually been showering and getting ready for work at the gym (I had been slacking on my morning workouts for a bit). I brought my old dryer to the gym because the gym ones REALLY stink. And I discovered that my old faithful, like the gym dryers, really sucked!! I couldn't dry my hair at all!! The new one was actually doing a fantastic job and I didn't even realize it!

So the moral of the story is: Always listen to your colorist. They know.

No comments: