Monday, January 13, 2014

project life 2014 | new process

I am in the middle of finishing up our 2013 album. Taking a trip at the end of the year is fabulous for everything but staying caught up with Project Life! Even though we were only gone for 4 days, I obviously took more photos than a usual week. After much deliberation, I decided to print all of my favorites and include them all in the album. While I love the concept of mini albums for travel, etc, the execution never seems to work for me. Hence my 2011 India photos all still in a box! So into Project Life they go. Yes the album will be a little fat, but at least they will be in there for us to enjoy in the future.

For this year, I am making the leap and doing everything on my Mac! Since the hubs works from home the majority of the time, I find myself fighting him for time on our main computer. Then it dawned on me that my laptop could be used for more things than blogging and surfing the internet!

Currently I am using iPhoto to organize my pics and PSE12 to edit them. Unfortunately many of the cool actions I used in PS doesn't translate but I'm hoping this will force me to learn Photoshop a little bit more on my own. 

The photos will automatically go into smart folders by date, which is making things so much easier. I've got a pretty good system going so far and am actually caught up with 2014, almost 2 weeks in. Yay for learning new things!

No comments: