Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Home again

We just got back from Las Vegas yesterday morning. Talk about an exhausting weekend! On Friday, our flight was supposed to leave at 6pm and we would get there at 7:30. Well, we didn't leave until after 7 and didn't get to our hotel until 9:30. We were seeing Ka at the MGM grand at 10:30 so we dropped off our bags, and immediately went to the show. Our aunt, visiting from Japan, didn't want to see it so she gambled while we watched the show. The stage and set were amazing but the story and acrobatics were only fair. I think I've seen too many Cirque shows so nothing is very new anymore. If this had been my first one, I think I would have been blown away, mostly because of the elaborate set. After the show we were hungry so we ate at a restaurant at the MGM (our aunt had lost enough $$ to warrant some comp meals!!). Poor dad's flight was even more delayed than ours. We got back to the Aladdin after 1 am and dad was already playing the slots!

Joe woke up early Sat morning to run. When he returned the 4 of us went to breakfast at the cafe downstairs. We gambled for a couple hours. My aunt left for the airport in the early afternoon so we shopped at Caesar's before heading back for some rest. I bought a cute pink (of course) velvet blazer from Armani Exchange. It was only $60! The only time all 6 of us were really together was for dinner on Sat night at a Wolfgang Puck Chinese themed restaurant. The meal was reminiscent of our China trip! Mom, Ting and I gambled until we lost most of our money and then called it a night.

Joe's early morning workout was a 3 hour bike ride at their crappy $25 gym. Oops I lied - we all had breakfast/brunch at the buffet before mom left for the airport. Since the hotel was sold out we couldn't get a late check out, so had to be out of the room by 11AM. Then we took our bags to the valet to store and Ting and John got their boarding passes printed out. While we were waiting, Mom called and it turned out that her flight was supposed to be midnight on Saturday!! Luckily she was able to get on a 2pm flight. Only mom would be so absent minded! We left dad to gamble his slots and did a little more shopping. Joe got a shirt from FCUK and a pair of shoes that he's been wanting from Steve Madden.

We gambled a bit more, but were losing too quickly so we stopped and spent the rest of the afternoon walking along the strip. I took lots of fun pics, but as usual I still feel like I should have taken more!

Joe and I left Ting and John :( around 6:30 so we could catch Zumanity at 7:30. The show was pretty good, but I don't ever want to see any more hanging rope tricks! We took a cab to the Wynn to get a free buffet (courtesy of our aunt). They had king crab legs and shrimp that was good but overall I didn't think the buffet was all that. After eating we trekked back to the Aladdin and caught a cab to the airport.

The one good thing about the red-eye is that Joe usually gets upgraded to first class. So I slept all the way home in relative comfort. All in all it was a great trip to spend time with the fam.

No comments: