Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Indecision

I have all these scrapping ideas in my head but none are coming to fruition. Scrapper's block in the sense that I know what I want to do, but I have been procrastinating doing them. I think the journaling is what keeps me back. I have things I want to say but don't know how to get them out. That's the main reason I blog. To keep my creative juices flowing. Now I just need to get them down on paper.

I want to do at least 2 mini-albums next year (I've already gotten too many things started and not finished this year so I don't want to start anything new.). One is of my friends, both past and present (well, mostly present - I guess I should say local and far away). Another is the songs of my life. I started listing them in an excel spreadsheet. And I already have almost 30 down! I could probably list more than 100 but I will try to keep it down to a minimum.

So now here is where the blog should start to help. I'd love to keep a little notebook, but who am I kidding? I hate writing and what's more, half the time I can't even read my own handwriting! If I can journal snippet as they come to my mind, I should be able to put the albums together more easily. So that's what I'm starting today.



My ultimate song is Just Like Heaven, by the Cure. 1987 was a great year for music. And it was a great year of my life. I was in my junior year of high school. I had my own established group of friends. We were all enjoying each other's company and not getting the college itch quite yet. My best friend Shaila and I still lived in the same state. And our friend Jennifer Clarke introduced us to New Wave music. Of course Kiss Me was probably one of the Cure's most commerically successful album and Just Like Heaven was played to death on the radio (and still is). But I still love it. It was our song.

No comments: