Sunday, December 31, 2006

Here's to another great year

Wow - I can't believe the last day of 2006 is here. Like I always write, where does the time go?

Costa Rica was a wonderful getaway. We really didn't do much. Lay out by the beach. Read a few books. Eat Mom's great cooking (and some not so great food at nearby restaurants). Open Christmas presents. Take lots of pictures. Canopy in the rain forest. Drive for hours and hours. I just really enjoyed spending time with my family! And I can't wait to do it again! Pictures will be posted in the new year (most likely).

Joe and I have been laying low since we got home on Friday afternoon. We saw Dreamgirls with Marc and Darryl on Friday. Afterwards we ate a late lunch/early dinner at Barnaby's, went to the grocery store and rented a documentary about Tupac and Big E.

Yesterday I had to work, but fortunately we weren't crazy busy and we already hit our target so the mood in the office was relaxed and happy! I do have to see one day post-ops today but it should only take about an hour or so.

I am also happy that although my butt and back have really made me hesitant about working out so I haven't been, I haven't gained any weight, either. In fact, the 132.4 lbs I weighed this morning is the lightest I have been in a long time! This supports my theory that your body like a certain weight and will keep it around there, as long as you are in some kind of shape and not eating everything in sight. I would like the eat more healthfully in 2007 and lose a few pounds - or really lose a few inches - which is one of my goals for the new year.

That's all for now. I am going to try to post some more before the day's over.

No comments: