Monday, September 22, 2008

September where did you go?

This has been the oddest month for me. The first week was spent in Spain. The 2nd and 3rd weeks in Dallas. The last week will be in good old h-town, but so far I have not slept in my own bed. Fortunately Tingaling and Boom got power last Friday so I have been able to sleep in a home with power throughout this whole Ike thing, but I literally have not lived without some sort of suitcase this whole month!

Good things from Sept so far:
-Ibiza (duh!) and hanging out with my boys
-staying with mom and dad
-seeing Ree and Ann
-not having to work any one-day post-ops (so far)
-not having any major house damage from Ike

Annoying things about Ike:
-not staying in my own home
-no power
-no access to edit my photos from the trip

I guess I really shouldn't complain. A friend of mine lost her husband last week (in an incident unrelated to Ike) and we went to his funeral today. I don't think I have ever seen so many people in one church ever. The sanctuary was packed and people were even sitting upstairs (I didn't even really know there was an upstairs). My heart aches for her and her 3 boys. So I know I could be worse off than I am and will stop complaining now.

No comments: