Saturday, January 22, 2011

Home sweet home

01.22.11
top: Gap, remix'd
cardi: Old Navy, remix'd
skirt: Old Navy
leggings: AA, remix'd
boots: Loft, remix'd
sunnies: Dsquared, remix'd
earrings: Express, remix'd

Being away from the hubs this week made me realize that the hardest part about traveling to India for almost 2 months will be being away from the hubs! Skype will make things easier, but still. In the grand scheme of things, 7 weeks really isn't all that long (that's what I keep telling myself).

I went a little crazy past week as far as shopping goes. This skirt was part of my Old Navy gingham shirt haul and I just realized I have one in the almost identical color. But this one had pockets! And was only $7! I also stopped by Old Navy by my work in Austin. They, too, were having an extra 40% off clearance. Their clearance section was by far the largest and most organized I have ever seen. The 9 items I bought added up to about $40, but with the random gift cards I found in my wallet, I didn't spend a dime.

cream sweater coat 01
I bought this sweater coat at Old Navy about a year and a half ago, again for 40% off clearance. It's gotten some pretty good use for $6.

4 comments:

Megan G said...

Some serious good deals going on in this post. I love the long white cardi. It's got fabulous versatility.

7 weeks won't be all that long. I imagine the time to yourself will be a breath of fresh air! Not to mention the sheer adventure of going to another country.

Melissa said...

I love that outfit! The stripes, the bright skirt, and that cardigan is awesome.

You're going to be so distracted during those seven weeks that they'll just fly right by and you'll be back before you know it. Just try to make sure you're enjoying that time too! :)

Kaleido Mind said...

the pop of pink is beautiful!!:)

Laura said...

Hi Eek,

I just love how you put your outfits together on your header. You are great with the layered sweater looks.

I just started getting crazy with belts lately and love them. So I'm always looking for new ideas to try.

I don't know why we haven't followed sooner. I've seen you on Lisa Respect The shoes.

Laura