Friday, July 08, 2011

Diecinueve: That dress again

07.07.11
all items remix'd
4 cardi: Target
19 dress: Loft
22 booties: Aldo
sunnies: Dsquared
earrings: gift'd
necklaces: Collingnon Designs

One good thing about working in Austin is that I can repeat bold outfits more often. I wouldn't wear this dress more than once a month, maybe twice, but only in front of a different audience.

07.07.11
I love the print, but it's not quite subtle. So now I have worn it not twice but three times, but each wearing was for another crowd. Do you shy away from repeating the same outfit in front of the same people?

In other, fashion-related news, I received my What I Wore book yesterday. It's really fun and I love all of Jessica's drawings.

TGIF to you!

8 comments:

Angie said...

Hi !Great timing I was about to check on your blog and there I found your comment! Great shoes. A few years back I worked in 2 schools different days of the week. I could get away with the same outfits and no one was heart.I had a very limited wardrobe at that time.The dress is great but I don't seem to year dresses a lot.I'm more of a seperates person

Unknown said...

i used to work with someone who wouldn't wear the same dress twice in the same summer. her closet must have been ridiculously huge.

anyway, i'm glad this dress has made multiple appearances lately because the pattern and color is just so good!

dash dot dotty

Loren said...

Love this dress.
But yeah I do the same thing. Especially when the outfit is something that really 'stands out'. I'll try not to wear it in front of the same people twice. But if I know I'm going to be hanging out with someone different, sometimes I'll roll over a Friday night outfit to a Saturday night outfit too (but don't tell).

Melissa said...

Oh yeah, I totally make sure not to repeat outfits with the same crowd. I feel a little pathetic about that, but I can't help it.

I love that dress every time you wear it! That lace cardigan is fabulous, too!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

Unknown said...

LOVE the color combo! Those shoes are amazing and i am in love with the cardi too!

ps. my curl is as natural as most hollywood stars' boobs and noses heheheeheee :D

i had to sit for more than 4 hours to get it done T_T

LyddieGal said...

Depends how bold, and how easily it can be remxied. I'd say once or twice a month, but if you really love it, why not wear it more?

Chic on the Cheap

La Fille D'or said...

it's such a great dress!

Megan G said...

I don't really think too much about the crowd, but I do try to wear something different everyday. At least different pairings and remixes of stuff. I don't think anyone but my readers would notice if I rewore something and even then, space out enough? Yeah I like to rewear.

That dress is too fabulous to not wear. It's also very versatile to dress up or down in my opinion so no reason not to wear it a few times in a month.