Tuesday, January 31, 2012

layer up | long over short

{Today's challenge was actually cropped over long, but I have long abandoned buying anything cropped since the '90s so I interpreted it the opposite way.}

01.29.12
all items remix'd
dress: Missoni for Target
cardi: J.Crew
boots: Nordstrom Rack
earrings: Collignon Designs, gift'd
bangles: India
tights: Loft

Wearing this bright yellow cardi simply makes me smile. So does this fun dress. The weird thing is that with the whole Target-selling-out-of-all-things-Missoni, I have really yet to see anyone but myself actually wearing any of it.
**************************************************************************
Today I started the Master Cleanse with the hubs and another friend of ours. Drinking only this lemonade concoction all day is definitely more difficult than I imagined and I am a bit crabby, as the hubs can attest to. We are attempting to do this for 10-11 days; I am just taking each day at a time. Now I think it's time for bed since we can't eat dinner!

13 comments:

Cara said...

Eeep! Good luck with the cleanse! You're braver than I am!

Rebecca said...

The Master Cleanse sounds pretty tough. I like the bright cardigan, and the dress too.

Unknown said...

OMG...I don't think I'll be able to manage a cleanse... all the best!

Loveee the shade of yellow of the cardi and that top is so fun!

LyddieGal said...

haha, yeah, cropped things are no good, I like your interpretation, and your bold colors. that cardi is great.

Chic on the Cheap

Steph said...

Just wondered how the cleanse was going. I am curious to possibly try myself. I'd love another post from you about it!
Thanks!! =+)

Beck, At Her Best said...

I love your sunny colored sweater! Great pairing with the dress.

good luck on doing your cleanse!

Anonymous said...

So bright and fun! Love this combo, lady.

Unknown said...

What a fun outfit- I just love all the bright colours on you and the boots are beautiful! I've always wanted to try a cleanse but I am such an eater- I don't know if I could do it! Keep us posted on how it's going!

Melissa said...

You look beautiful! Wow! I love how you interpreted it.

Good luck with the cleanse. I have tons of respect for you even attempting to do it! You're stronger than I am. :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous outfit, but PLEASE don't do the Master Cleanse. It's just a laxative. To do a proper cleanse, you need a program that includes fiber. You can find some that even let you keep eating. Less stressful, too.

Keely said...

I must catch up with y our outfits this week! They are so cute! I love this Missoni dress with the bright yellow cardigan. Adorable!

Eboni said...

okay, I have to be honest...you are the first person I've seen wear that dress so fashionably. You look AMAZING! I didn't even like the dress...now, I'm kicking myself for not braving the crowds. LOL!

The yellow cardigan is the perfect touch!

xoxo

Eboni Ife'

Lorena said...

Bright and beautiful.... good luck with the cleanse...