Saturday, January 28, 2012

on the mat | together alone

I have never been good at team sports, especially anything that involves a ball. That hand-eye-coordination is just not my thing. So in high school, when all the cool kids were playing volleyball, soccer or basketball, I was either running or doing conditioning (what the un-cool kids did during soccer season).

When I finally discovered yoga, particularly Ashtanga, I found where I belonged, on my mat, by myself. Yoga is a very personal activity, so I am so glad that the hubs understand my love for it.


Although Joe doesn't love it quite as much as I do, he does practice anywhere from 2-5 times/week, depending on his mood. And he gets why I have such a passion for it.

I am so lucky he has embraced the vegetarian lifestyle that usually accompanies yogis as they become more involved in the practice. I am so lucky he enjoys ending the work week with a Friday evening practice as much as I do. Having a partner who understand that I need to practice 6 days every week and who encourages me to do so makes it even better. So thanks for knowing what I need, Joe.

P.S. Our patient is doing much better, although he is already ready for the stitches to come out!

No comments: