Sunday, January 15, 2012

scrappy sunday | project life week 1

Project Life 2010
My first Project Life album was completed in 2010 and housed my daily photos. Then I thought, "This is crazy. If I do this kind of album every year, I will have to build a new addition to anywhere we live to house all my scrapbooks!" So last year, I thought I would just make some mini albums to hold my photo-of-the-days:


About halfway through last year I started regret not having a full album, so I thought I would jump in full steam, join the PL bandwagon again. In an effort to keep it current, I have started printing my photos at Walgreens instead of waiting at the end of each month to print online. Luckily WG seems to have lots of different coupons every week, which makes the printing fairly inexpensive. So here is week one:
week one

This year I will use the weekly approach, instead of the daily approach and include photos that speak to me, not necessarily my photo-of-the day.


I am obviously keeping the spread fairly simple, an adding only a little bit of stamping, stickers and some ephemera from the week. I enjoy the tactile nature of real photographs, as opposed to viewing them on the computer screen or in my phone, so this is a seriously fun way to document life but keep it simple.

2 comments:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Lovely idea - there is something special about photos you can touch.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I think scrapbooking is such a fun way of remembering all of these special moments. Yours are cute!

http://averysweetblog.com/