Tuesday, May 22, 2012

project life | week 18

Untitled
full spread without insert

May has been both a quiet and busy month. The weeks are going by uneventfully, but we always seem to be busy on the weekends.

Untitled
full spread with insert right side

I love that I now have a place to hold all the cards and random stuff we get in the mail. I used to just keep them in big envelopes until I decided they needed to be recycled. Now they actually have a place to be enjoyed in the future.

Untitled
left side

The last Sunday of April was spent at my friend Ann's house as well as with my parents up in Arlington. We drove back to Houston on Tuesday, where we stopped by Huntsville and met David Adickes (the artist who created the ginormous Sam Houston statue along I-45) to buy a piece of art as a 10th anniversary gift to each other. He was so nice to give us a personal tour of his new museum and we came home with a new painting. On Cinco de Mayo we had our first house party with our friends, which was a success.

Untitled
insert front side

A closer look at how I stored the anniversary cards we received in the mail as well as the ones we gave each other.

Untitled
insert back side

Most of the photos in this album are from 2012, but I thought I was appropriate to add a photo from our wedding to reflect on the last 10 years.

Untitled
right side

I adore this page, mainly because I adore these photos! We took these self-portraits outside an old building on our way to dinner. The enlarged photo is actually made up of 4 4x6 pictures that I cropped in photoshop, to cut down on printing costs. The idea was originally from this lady.

Untitled
full spread insert left side

This project has made documenting the every day so fun. It can be as complicated or simple as you want it to be.


The Mom Creative

3 comments:

Megan G said...

Aww I love your anniversary photos. Too cute. You guys are so cute together.

Unknown said...

Great layout, Congrats on 10 wonderful years. Beautiful photos of the two of you together

Shannon b said...

I love your self-portraits! Happy Anniversary!