Tuesday, January 15, 2013

project life 2013 | at the beginning

Using @marcypenner page planners for #projectlife this year
We are 2+ weeks into 2013 and I have yet to finish a spread, but I am not too concerned about falling "behind." I am taking a more relaxed approach to this project for 2013. Still uploading photos about every other day and then choosing which ones I want to edit for the week's spread. Still using different digital elements like brushes and templates. Still taking lots of photos, both with my iPhone and big camera.

What's different is that I am using these cool page planners from Marcy Penner to plan out each week's spread. I am also primarily using Becky Higgins' design A page protectors. I got the big variety pack last year which was fun but kind of tricky to plan the pages. Having mostly the same design should make things a bit easier. And the more you keep things simple, the more likely it will get done.

Slowly working on this year's #projectlife with @cathyzielske freebies and @studio_calico stamps
I am slowly working through my weekly spreads as I wait for my Seafom kit to arrive (hopefully today!) as well as my prints from Snapfish. I also decided to stop using Walgreens and start getting my prints mailed to me as I much prefer matte to glossy photos, but which also means I have a to wait a bit longer. This cute card is a freebie from Cathy Z. and the stamps are from a Studio Calico set.

I really enjoy the process of creating this album and I don't want to feel the self-imposed pressure of getting everything done weekly so I am hoping this approach will make it more fun. Anyone care to join in? (I've got lots of extras that I would be willing to give away if you do!).

The Mom Creative

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'd like to start scrapbooking some day. I am not great with photoshop, so I probably should learn that first.

Craftcherry said...

Love those planner pages. I got the big variety pack again this year. I enjoyed the way they looked, but as you pointed out it is rather tricky to work with them and it's probably why I'm so far behind!