Saturday, April 08, 2006

on the injury list

So it's almost been 24 hours since my procedure. It was weird. Since I hadn't eaten in the morning, I was already feeling slightly light-headed beforehand. When they called me in to the surgery room, it all felt somewhat surreal. I met a few nurses and docs and they explained a few more things to me. Then the main nurse started the IV, which was the most uncomfortable part of the whole thing to me. I was a little grossed out by the sight of a needle coming out of my hand. The nurse anesthetist started a light sedation so I wouln't feel the injection of the local, but I was out before we even got to the surgery room! When I woke up, we were all done! Weird weird feeling.

I felt groggy pretty much all day yesterday. By later last night the effect of the sedation had worn off. My foot was also coming out of its numbness so I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable as well. luckily mom was here to help so Joe could have dinner with A+P, Ken and Peg and Chad and Amanda.

I slept fairly well, although my back was a little sore this morning. My foot definitely hurts when I put any pressure on it, which makes navigating the bathroom a little dicey. In fact, I kind of need to go right now, but i don't feel like walking just yet. So I may hold it a bit longer.

Last night I had some weird dream that Peggy was preggers. Hmm.. I should call her later!

I'm really glad mom is here to help. It's weird not being able to do anything. AND the cable went out AGAIN. What timing. Both the technician and billing peeps got an earfull from me this morning. Not a great way to start the day, but I'm over it! I need to look into a different company to get our cable from!

That's all for now!

No comments: