Friday, April 28, 2006

Shower Time!!


Today is the 3 week anniversary of my bunionectomy. And I took a shower for the first time since 3 weeks ago! It was bittersweet, however. I can tell I am entering the more difficult phase of my healing. I'm feeling much better and mobile first of all. But looking at my foot, which I can now do, I can tell it's not nearly healed yet. Maybe about 60%. But the skin around the stitches isn't fully sealed and the wound bled a little this morning. That just made it feel more painful. So in the shower I was standing very gingerly on my foot.

I know Dr. L would tell me to bear weight on it as normally as possible, which is what I have been doing. Still gimping along a bit but making progress. But just looking at my foot kind of grosses me out. I'm glad to be able to wash if finally! I just need to take it easy as much as possible now so that I will recover more quickly. I definitely don't like having to wrap it myself - I don't want to see it until it's fully healed!

No comments: