Sunday, May 07, 2006

Long and short weekend


We spent the night at the beach house in Galveston. Much fun was to be had for Richard's Bday. I drove down with Matt after seeing patients in the morning. Marc, D, Matt, Rob and Daniel arrived a day earlier. Ken, Peg, Joey, Chad, Amanda, Johnny, Patrick, Joe and Doug all joined us later. Lots of good food eaten, including shrimp, chicken, sausage, hamburgers and Peg's yummy seven layer dip.

We went to this club in Galveston called the Undercurrent. Should have been called the Undertow! It was ok, but their drag show just dragged after a while. And I have never seen such masculine looking women in my life (NOT drag queens). We were lucky to make it out of there by 1:15 am!

This morning we had brunch at a restaurant called Pic's on 45th. Yum-o!! Excellent crab cakes and sweet pototoe fries. I am definitely going to try baking sweet potato fries - THAT would be good!

We are going to see Erasure in concert tomorrow with Marc and D. And I have a day off - woo hoo. Need to get some better sleep!

More random facts:
29. I typically wake up before 9 am on any given day, no matter what time I fall asleep (excluding any help from sleeping aids). Because I like to have at least 8 hours of sleep, when I go to bed late and get up early, I tend to be tired all day. Like today.

28. Madonna is probably one of my favorite musical artists ever. Say what you will about her, personally or professionally, but that bitch has got some staying power. And some good music. I am listening to Ray of Light - which, to me, brought in a new era of Madonna. She had gone through some freaky stages in the mid-90's. But she came out of it a better person and better artist. It's a great CD. Not very dancy, but her lyrics touch me more than usual. And I have loved every CD since.

27. I love to type things on the computer. And play with fonts. Probably because my handwriting is so atrocious.

26. I love paper goods. Stationary, card, little notebooks, you name it. I have to stop myself from buying too much, because most of it doesn't get used. It's too pretty!

25. I think I may be tone deaf. I cannot sing to save my life. American Idol I am not...

No comments: