Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Working is for the birds...

The problem with having a 3 day weekend is that it is all the harder to return to work on Tuesday! Lately I have been unhappy with the job. Not the actual work itself, but our crazy schedule. I don't mind being busy - in fact I like that it makes the day go by quicker. But being chaotic is another thing. And we have been really chaotic for at least 2 months now. We simply don't have enough people to work the volume of patients we are seeing. This has been an ongoing problem with no end in sight. That's what frustrates me. I try not to think about it and just do my work but, as usual, when I start thinking about it I start obsessing about it.

My motto is to take things day to day. Enjoy each day for what it is. That's what I need to do. It's just that sometimes work gets in the way of life.

Sigh. I miss my Joey!

I have been in a George Michael kind of mood lately. Listen without Prejudice is probably one of my favorite cds. It reminds me very much of the angst I felt in college. But it's just good music as well. I really would like to create a scrapbook of the music that moves me. It would be a work in progress as I have so many different musical influences over the course of my life! But a fun project nonetheless. Need to ponder that one...

No comments: