Saturday, July 12, 2008

Baby, it's humid outside part 2

a.k.a. running is 10% physical and 90% mental
a.k.a. the last of the vacation photos

I woke up this morning after a crappy night's sleep around 4:30 AM. I think I had a hard time sleeping because I was anxious about having to get up in the morning - something I think Tinger mentioned she went through the other night. Joe got up as well to ride his bike out at Zube park with his buddy Brad.
I finished the 8 miles in 1 hour and 20 minutes, a bit slower than yesterdays pace, but I was just happy to finish! I think I started sweating about 1 minute into the run and when I started my second loop around Memorial I was already drenched in sweat. That just made me feel more miserable and tired and wonder "why in the world do I do this to myself???" I got my groove back by mile 7 and finished fairly strong, but it was very mental. The 99% humidity doesn't help either. But it's done, I feel good and I get a break tomorrow - woot!

Our last day in Maine was spent shopping and relaxing with a little bit of golf for Joe.But first we had to visit the giant chair!As always, a stop at LL Bean's.
They have a new river aquarium in the store.I spent more time in the hammock while Joe golfed. Harry relaxing with us as well.We grilled scallops, steak and veggies for dinner. My first taste of parsnips, a sweeter kind of carrot, which were delish.
All in all it was a great trip!

1 comment:

tinger said...

very cute photos! love the big chair!!!