Saturday, December 06, 2008

The best show ever???

I'm not sure if I am ready to commit to that statement, but I will say that Duran Duran's show last night was truly amazing. We had fabulous seats - 3rd row from stage left, in front of John Taylor. Simon sounded great. They played a mix of new and old songs, but could have played for probably 2 more hours and still not run out of music. But I think what made it so amazing was the venue. Verizon is a fairly small place - it probably only hold a couple thousand people at most. Compared to a place like Minute Maid park, a show there is SO mush more personal. And given that Duran2 is not the most popular band of the moment, most concert go-ers are rapid fans like yours truly. Add a couple Fire Island Teas, and you have yourself a par-tay!I am still paying for the fun currently, at 7 pm the next night, but they were so worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had such a good time!!!