Thursday, January 06, 2011

LBD

01.06.11
all items remix'd
dress: CK
sweater: Gap
shoes: Taryn Rose
earrings: gift'd
necklace: boutique in H-town
tights: Loft
belt: H&M

I have decided that Thursdays will be designated to wearing heels. I used to wear them all the time, but since becoming more serious about my yoga practice, I found that they tighten up my hamstrings and make certain poses more difficult. Since I don't have practice until Friday evening, I figured one day won't hurt. I was smart, however, and brought a back-up pair of flats with me to work, which I changed into after lunch. Anyone who says heels are more comfy than flats is lying (I know, I used to feel that way!).

CK LBD 01
This dress has gotten a lot of use for work, but I find I don't wear it in my "normal life" because I feel it's a bit too conservative. Any suggestions on how to "hip" it up would be welcome.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I used to wear heels all the time, but now I hardly ever do because I'm in a more casual office. I can never find comfortable heels.

Megan G said...

I think the dress looks very sassy without a covering top layer. With one, the neckline and length of the hem is what really plays into the conservativeness. Maybe try pairing it with some platform heels? A metallic belt? Something to give it some oomph!

I love heels, and a 2inch heel is actually more comfortable for me than flats. It forces good posture without straining my knees like a 3-4 inch heel might.

amy kelinda said...

Oh man, I wish I could become a heel-wearing pro! But I stumble around so oddly in them, haha! I'm working on it, though. I love how many ways you've worn this dress! Especially with that short-sleeved jacket -- cute! As for making it more casual, you can try pairing it with colorful tights and non-black flats and a wide belt matching the flats. Then maybe throw on a nice cardigan on top!

You could also wear it with a wide belt, gray cardigan, and nude-ish peep toe flats, too!

Anonymous said...

you look great in the little black dress with pink belt.....

Lisa - respect the shoes said...

There's one gal I know we wears 5-6 inch heels to work EVERY SINGLE day! Her practical shoes are 4 inches! Argh, I couldn't stand it!