Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's been a long week

08.11.11
all items remix'd
top&skirt: Loft
shoes: B. Makowsky
earrings: gift'd
necklace&chains: Calypso for Target
bracelet: BR, gift'd
bag: LV, gift'd

One of the highlights of our week is spending Thursday evenings with our peeps eating dinner and watching Project Runway. Our spreads are delicious - every one brings pretty veggie-friendly sides and there is plenty of food to go around. I need to remember to take a photo of the food next time!

white ruffle collar tee 01
This tee is well-loved but I haven't worn it in a while. My OCD tendencies help me keep track of what I've worn and reminds me of what I need to wear more often.

purple ruffle mini 01
I love this skirt too because the ruffles aren't too flouncy and young. Loft was one of my favorite places to shop the last few years, but I haven't been inspired by them the most recent seasons. I feel like it's been-there-seen-that blah. Any stores been disappointing you lately (and don't even get me started on Gap, although I will probably go there when I need another pair of jeans!).

Happy Saturday to you. Unfortunately this is a working weekend for me (i.e. no rest for the weary), but again, I am counting my blessings and realizing being employed is better than not. And I won't feel guilty for shopping when I do ;).

4 comments:

Ellie said...

I LOVE that skirt.

Anonymous said...

That skirt is adorable. I love seeing how many different outfits you make out of 1 piece. I'm terrible at remixing!!! Hope you have a great weekend.

Megan G said...

That skirt and tee are both great basics with flair. That white tee is begging for more color remixing.

I've been really uninspired in just about all stores I walk into. I guess that's why I thrift because I come across the uniquely awesome alongside the boring and horrific dated pieces.

LyddieGal said...

I know i've got some pieces i've been ignoring.
It's funny how sometimes you've got a piece and you think "i've worn this TONS of times, and then you look at the photos and you've worn it like 5 times and suddenly that seems like you've barely worn it at all.
But I guess in realm of daily style blogging, 5 is a lot.