Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's been a long week

08.11.11
all items remix'd
top&skirt: Loft
shoes: B. Makowsky
earrings: gift'd
necklace&chains: Calypso for Target
bracelet: BR, gift'd
bag: LV, gift'd

One of the highlights of our week is spending Thursday evenings with our peeps eating dinner and watching Project Runway. Our spreads are delicious - every one brings pretty veggie-friendly sides and there is plenty of food to go around. I need to remember to take a photo of the food next time!

white ruffle collar tee 01
This tee is well-loved but I haven't worn it in a while. My OCD tendencies help me keep track of what I've worn and reminds me of what I need to wear more often.

purple ruffle mini 01
I love this skirt too because the ruffles aren't too flouncy and young. Loft was one of my favorite places to shop the last few years, but I haven't been inspired by them the most recent seasons. I feel like it's been-there-seen-that blah. Any stores been disappointing you lately (and don't even get me started on Gap, although I will probably go there when I need another pair of jeans!).

Happy Saturday to you. Unfortunately this is a working weekend for me (i.e. no rest for the weary), but again, I am counting my blessings and realizing being employed is better than not. And I won't feel guilty for shopping when I do ;).

4 comments:

Ellie said...

I LOVE that skirt.

Mommyblogger said...

That skirt is adorable. I love seeing how many different outfits you make out of 1 piece. I'm terrible at remixing!!! Hope you have a great weekend.

Megan Mae said...

That skirt and tee are both great basics with flair. That white tee is begging for more color remixing.

I've been really uninspired in just about all stores I walk into. I guess that's why I thrift because I come across the uniquely awesome alongside the boring and horrific dated pieces.

LyddieGal said...

I know i've got some pieces i've been ignoring.
It's funny how sometimes you've got a piece and you think "i've worn this TONS of times, and then you look at the photos and you've worn it like 5 times and suddenly that seems like you've barely worn it at all.
But I guess in realm of daily style blogging, 5 is a lot.