Monday, October 24, 2011

Week in photos

{My least favorite part of vacationing is unpacking. So I thought I would procrastinate a bit more by updating the old blog!}

Observations for the week:
2011 10 17 photo
The hubs showed me this gem of a Halloween house. I can't imagine how long putting up all these decorations took!

2011 10 18 photo
I always overpack when I travel and end up wearing the same things over and over again. I need to remember to pack lighter!

2011 10 19 photo
Here I am with Mr&Mrs. E. She is a doll!

2011 10 20 photo
No photo could do the 9|11 Memorial justice. The pools are amazing. I am just glad we were able to pay our respects.

2011 10 21 photo
Us at the Highline.

2011 10 22 photo
The view from the Top of Rockefeller Center is amazing but getting good night snaps can be problematic.

2011 10 23 photo
We only saw one show this trip. We tried the lottery for The Book of Mormon but didn't get ticktes. Billy Elliot was a great one, though.

And what I wore
10.22.11
all items remix'd*
jacket: A|X
sweater: Gap
jeans: J. Crew
boots: Target
scarf&bag: Missoni for Target (*except these)

I pretty much wore a variation of this outfit the entire trip. Even thought NYC is the fashion capital of the world to me, I prefer to be comfortable when travelling and outfits were second to enjoying our time.

8 comments:

Style Journey said...

Welcome back! Unpacking and laundry is definitely the worst after vacation! The Halloween house is soooo cool :)

Anonymous said...

I want to go to a party at that Halloween house! I love seeing decorated houses, but I never put in that much effort myself.

There's no avoiding overpacking for trips. I've come to accept that there will always be 1 or 2 things I pack that will never get worn. Oh well.

monster cakes said...

I hope to someday visit the memorial. Looks like you had an amazing trip! And thank you for being encouraging despite not sharing my belief. That's such a sign of a mature and kind person. I appreciate it. : )

Rebecca said...

I over pack too. I need to cut my packing list in half the next time I travel.

Tabitha said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the unpacking. I did it this week in record time (5 days after returning from my trip)...sad.

LyddieGal said...

Looks like you had such a great NYC trip!!

I can't stand the idea of a packed bag lingering around. I have to dump it out as soon as I get home.

Chic on the Cheap

Unknown said...

I really want to see Billy Elliott- it's on my to-do list next time I'm in NYC! I agree with you- when I travel it's more about comfort than trying to prance around in skiy high heels- love your pink jacket!

Anonymous said...

Your New York trip looks like such fun! I love that view from Rockafellar!

That Halloween House makes me swoon. I wish I had the time & budget to do something so amazing :)