Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pseudo-ban

05.14.12
top: LoL for Target / pants: Gap / shoes: Old Navy / earrings: gift'd

I have both consciously and unconsciously not been shopping a lot this year. Consciously by cutting down on the amount of style blogs I read, especially those with an emphasis on wearing everything new, new, new as well as those skewed towards certain stores, as well as deliberately deleting all store sale emails before I am even tempted.

pink floral halter 02
My lack of new clothes have probably been contributing to my lack of motivation to blog about the same ole stuff, but really I like to see how other people wear the same clothes in different ways, so why shouldn't I do the same? I love the print on this top and, of course, the color. Apparently I need to wear it with something other than black, though. My favorite look of the bunch is the pink on pink. Any suggestions?

05.16.12
top: Loft / skirt: Old Navy / shoes: Geox / earrings&bag: gift'd / belt: Anthro

The unconscious shopping ban has been due to our big move. We have been so busy packing, unpacking and decorating as well as enjoying the new place that I haven't really had that much time to shop anyways. And nothing with stop you from buying more sh!t than having to pack it all up!

new belt
However, I couldn't resist the call of the Anthro birthday discount as well as their bi-annual "big" sale. I wasn't super impressed with what they had, but I did pick up a few basics, a fun top as well as this belt.

Raise your hand if you are ready for the weekend already. I've got both mine up!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I really like that pink Liberty print.

Melissa said...

I adore that top. How about with yellow, or turquoise, or mint, or orange?

Megan G said...

How about the flower top with your blue Anthro skirt? Or with yesterday's bright blue jeans? What about the Loft minty skirt? Lots of color combos available!

I am so ready for this week to be over. It's been so long.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Lovely belt. Have you tried the top with blue jeans. I love pink and blue.

Ignorant Awareness said...

I think chartreuse, teal, mustard yellow, light grey or deep purple would all look great with your top!