Thursday, June 21, 2012

A little stumpy

06.19.12
top: Anthro / skirt: J.Crew / shoes: Old Navy / earrings: gift'd

In keeping with my "new clothing items should not be too precious to wear" motto, I finally wore this top I bought from Anthro last month with my birthday discount. The neckline and shape of the tee is very interesting and flattering, as are most tees from Anthro.

Because of where the hemline of the skirt hits my leg, I realize I probably shouldn't wear flats with this skirt as they end up making my legs look a bit stumpy. Or I should belt it and raise it up a bit.

I have been semi-good in keeping up with my 1-in-2-out closet policy. Pencil skirts generally fit and flatter me more than full skirts so I decided to donate a few in my wardrobe that I like but never wear. I'm getting a bit better at being brutal with my closet - moving will do that to a person!

3 comments:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

It is a lovely skirt - I bet it looks fabuous with heels but sometimes a Girl's got to wear flats.

Megan G said...

Stumpy? Girrrrl, you look incredible. I love the anthro shirt. So much so that I went and checked it out on the site. (only XS left boo!) Another fabulous interesting top to add to your collection. I love the modern but post-apocalyptic feel. You could easily pair it with cargoes, combat boots, and take on a zombie horde.

I think the oxfords and floral were a good choice for taking on the office though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love that top, it looks great on you! Just curious, how tall are you?