Sunday, December 30, 2012

project life | week 51

{Dec 16-22}
#projectlife week 51 full spread
full spread
One thing I love about memory keeping the "project life" way is that finishing up when you get behind is super simple - just slip photos into pockets, add a little journaling and you're done! Obviously embellishing and getting more creative is fun too, but sometimes keeping things simple is the best way to go.

#projectlife week 51 left side
right side
I add a lot of my words directly to my photos in Photoshop, which takes more time on the front end, but makes it easy once the photos are printed. Using different digital templates also allows me to add more that one photo per pocket. Can't believe the I haven't seen the boys in almost 2 weeks now. Time flies...

#projectlife week 51 right side
left side
Most of the photos from this side are from our visit to Joe's family in Maine.

This year, to add consistency to my albums, I have used the same camera stamp and potty couple in each week's spread. I will probably do the same thing again next year but with different elements. I also numbered each week with different stickers but I think next year I will most likely do this digitally. My goal is to TRY to collect less physical stuff (and use up what I have instead of hoarding it) and use more digital elements.

Can't believe tomorrow is the last day of the year. 2013, here we come!

                                                      The Mom Creative

2 comments:

Yin said...

Just found your blog through The Mom Creative. Your pages and photos rock! So much interest and life recorded! My favorite is 'Embrace Imperfection' :) Look forward to coming by more!

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

This is a wonderful achievement.