Saturday, September 28, 2013

project life 2013 | weeks 34+35

Although blogging has been quiet around here, Project Life is almost up to date. I have completed through Sept 7th and just sent the last 2 weeks out for printing (taking advantage of 1cent prints on Snapfish) so I hope to be "caught up" in the next week (or two). But who's counting?

{Aug 18-24}
Untitled
full spread, without inserts
The start of the week was an ordinary one; however on Saturday we left for our 2nd annual trip to Burning Man, where we spent 8 days in the desert! Because I document my weeks from Sunday to Saturday, I decided to keep the left side of the spread for the beginning of the week and the right side to Saturday, the start of our vacation.

Untitled
full spread, insert right side
I thought I didn't take too many photos this week but still ended up needing an insert!

Untitled
left side
My weekly title cards this year have been created digitally and include my Instagram photos-of-the-day from the week. I have been varying the color of the background and the little camera week to week but I love how it adds uniformity to the album. I also added a couple Instax photos I took - to make sure the camera was still functioning before bringing it to Burning Man.

Untitled
insert, front
The main reason for the insert? We attended a 50th wedding anniversary and took a photobooth photo that ended up being the perfect size for the smaller page protector.

Untitled
insert, back
I included an Instagram my sister took of JJ for his first day of pre-school. I can't believe how grown up he is!

Untitled
right side
And all the photos on this page were taken with my iPhone on Saturday, when we landed in Reno. 

Untitled
full spread, insert left side
Products used: old Love, Elsie paper from way back when, a bit of Seafoam Edition and new Vintage Travel Project Life edition.

{Aug 25-31}
Untitled
full spread
Over the course of 8 days, my friends and took hundreds, if not thousands of photos. My plan is to create a digital mini album of our trip (hopefully by Christmas in order to give as gifts, but we'll see!) so for this album I simply picked a few of my favorite photos, added a few journaling and filler cards, and called it good.

Untitled
left side
Because the desert has limited, if any, cell service, 95% of the photos came from real cameras. What a novel concept! So no normal weekly title card this time around.

Untitled
right side
Burning Man is a life-changing, out-of-this-world experience and, one month later, my friends and I still can't stop talking/thinking about it. I miss being dirty and dusty and hot and wearing tutus and glitter platform boots. Looking at photos is the next best thing...until next year!

Products used for this spread: Vintage Travel Edition and 5th and Frolic Edition (yes, I may have a core kit addiction - can't help it, they are all so cute and irresistible at 40% off)

No comments: