Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Here we go again

Another work week is starting. Boo! I can't complain however, I just had my 2nd 3 day weekend in a row, which I am thoroughly enjoying.

I spent the better part of yesterday scrapping. I had a request to post photos of the layouts, so here they are. My plan for our 2008 album is to take 12 photos on the 12th day of each month and make a layout. So it's going to be an everyday life kind of album, which has actually been kind of fun. So far I have completed January and February.

I also made a layout about the Austin marathon. I have many photos from that weekend, which I would like to make a mini-album of.
My last layout was just for fun - about a yummy red velvet cupcake I had and my love for all things dessert.
As an FYI: almost all of my layouts are created from sketches or inspiration I find in books, magazines and online. Sometimes I scraplift exactly what the original artist made, just substituting my own products. I have absolutely no desire to be published or discovered in the scrapping world, I do it 100% for myself,which is why I don't feel guilty scraplifting. I am not really all that creative, I just pretend to be. Anyways, my sis is the only person I know who scraps and she doesn't care where I get my ideas!

I will leave you with some photos of the hubs:We got up early to run hills in our gym garage. Laters!

1 comment:

tinger said...

excellent! i love seeing your scrapping! and you are creative - you just need a little help getting started. as an old yogidy teacher once told me, fake it until you can do it - i find that faking it actually will help you do it, so i am sure that applies to scrapping as well. you think you are copying (aka faking it) but in the end, it is your creation and that is great! and the more you do that, the more you will glean from each of your scraps. good work!!!!