Thursday, April 28, 2011

Running out of adjectives

We are having some windy yet warm weather. Too bad the wind doesn't cool the 90-degree temperatures at all!
04.27.11
all items remix'd
top: J. Crew
skirt: Ann Taylor
shoes: Marc Jacobs
earrings: gift'd

One of the best things that has come out of blogging is "meeting" different people from all over. I draw more inspiration from real life stylish chicks than anywhere else. My quandary now is that I feel like I am running out of compliments. Telling someone they look great every time I leave a comment can seem somewhat disingenuous, even though that's what I may feel. After all, I wouldn't be following their blog if I didn't like their style. Any suggetsions?

7 comments:

LyddieGal said...

Sometimes I just dont talk about the clothes, if it's someone I've "known" for a long time. They look fab, and I don't need to tell them I love their skirt. Even though I do.

C said...

I agree with Lyddie. Especially with blogs that talk about things other than style, I often find myself commenting more on their words than their outfits. But if there's something specific about their look that I adore, I try to focus on that. :)

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Focusing on a detail is always good. For instance: I looooove the asymmetric ruffles on your top!

Megan G said...

I usually try to leave "meaningful" comments when I have the time. I try to point out why I like an outfit or piece. Ditto about the following thing. If I'm already following - of course I like you/your look/ your style.

I also try to add any additional comments if they talk about their day or ask a question.

But if I'm strapped for time, I may just leave a comment telling them they're fabulous, and they better believe it. I want people to know I'm still reading.

All that said I think you look so glam. That skirt mixed with that top creates a very good clash of hard/soft. The skirt reminds me of 80s graffiti in a really cool way. I bet it would look fantastic with an electric blue or turquoise.

Unknown said...

heheheh me too. I need a fashion dictionary! :D

Kelly said...

Oooh, I know exactly how you feel about comments. Sometimes I feel like a broken record by the time I've finished all my blog reading and commenting for the day!

Unknown said...

I think good input was given here. Focusing on what you like about a person's ensemble is always good and what they wrote about in their post too. Anyway I luv the colors in the skirt you're wearing here!

Tye
www.lagelle.com